DECEMBER 2003

Photographer: Unknown

Photo of Ronnoco Hotel in 1905.

Downtown Temagami

The Ronnoco Hotel once dominated the waterfront of the town of Temagami. Dan O'Connor was the prime mover behind its construction (along with the Temagami Inn and the Lady Evelyn Hotel) in 1905. Ronnoco is his name spelled backward. It was renamed the Minawassi in 1946 and burned down in 1973. It stood just north of the current Shell station. This photo was likely taken in the 1910s, looking north. O'Connor was a former mayor of Sudbury and prospector, and is considered the town's founder.

Temagami Lakes Association archives

<< Previous      Next >>

 

   Home   Rupert Battle   Rupert River   Temagami   Che-Mun

    Forum   Crees   Camps   Canoes   Keewaydin Way   Search   About   Contact Us

Maps and information herein are not intended for navigational use, and are not represented to be correct in every respect. 
All pages intended for reference use only, and all pages are subject to change with new information and without notice. 
The author/publisher accepts no responsibility or liability for use of the information on these pages. 
Wilderness travel and canoeing possess inherent risk. 
 It is the sole responsibility of the paddler and outdoor traveler to determine whether he/she is qualified for these activities.
Copyright  2000-2014 Brian Back.  All rights reserved.
We do not endorse and are not responsible for the content of any linked document on an external site.