Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Feedback and suggestions * Edit time limit < Previous Next >

Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 149

Posted on Sunday, April 4, 2004 - 1:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Tripper

It's one of those six-of-one half-a-dozen-of-the-other situations for which there is no universal right way. The problem is that someone may read your post and respond to it before you change it. Then if you change it things become somewhat befuddled, and magnified if there is a change reaction of responses. Boards aren't consistent in how they handle editing. Some simply don't allow it. We do for five minutes. But the reality is that the longer the time to edit, the greater the likelihood that someone responds before the poster edits. My belief is that if a poster wants to change a post after five minutes, then they should add a new post. This way, everyone gets to see the original, which is particularly important if there is some confusion. But certainly the short time limit does tend to make people more diligent in checking their message before posting.

Now you know the rationale. We can vary the length of time of editing. Convince me.
 Link to this message

tripper_dave

Post Number: 8

Posted on Sunday, April 4, 2004 - 11:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Sorry about the off-topic posts Brian.

I see no need to try and convince you. Your explaination on the time limit has merit. I'll just have proof my posts before submitting them.

Thanks

(Message edited by tripper_dave on April 4, 2004)
 Link to this message

hillbilly

Post Number: 17

Posted on Monday, April 5, 2004 - 12:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

tripper_dave,
I usually open ms word and write there and then copy/paste it does save the embarrassment of the spelling and grammar mistakes.
Bill

Link to this message

canoebear

Post Number: 183
Posted on Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 7:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hey Brian,

Whats wrong with tha word gest of moffle,
deaden sound?
Mispelled "moffle" O instead of U!
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 322

Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 10:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Canoebear, muffle should be working now, though I prefer moffle in most contexts.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Only registered users may post messages here. If you have cookies enabled, your username and password will automatically appear in the boxes. Register
Password:
Action:

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home