Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami environment * Development plans for cottages on 3 area lakes < Previous Next >

Link to this message

dupuisn

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 11:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Anyone hear about the "going ons" lately regardng Brophy , Olive and Marian lakes in Temagami? I know for a fact that they are planning approx. 24 new cottage lots on Brophy and similar numbers on the others.
At a recent meeting,held on the 10th of August,when asked if they had fishery reports or animal habitat research done, the municipality straight out said "no".
I'm curious to know if the portages into Wasaskina are original nastagans? Femme Forte
 Link to this message

shutter_speed

Post Number: 36

Posted on Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 12:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Here is a link to the municipal website where you can open maps showing the proposed lots on the three "warm water lakes". http://www.temagami.ca/htm/planning.htm
 Link to this message

dupuisn

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 5:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thank you.
Can the MNR allow the township to develop these lakes? Is it likely that they will?
 Link to this message

dave

Post Number: 169
Posted on Monday, August 24, 2009 - 11:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

i would imagine that it would go through, but you could request that the research you mentioned get done first..whether it be through the town or mnr
 Link to this message

alscool

Post Number: 198

Posted on Monday, August 24, 2009 - 2:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Friends of Temagami commented and provided canoe route and campsite detail to the municipal planners and the consultants last fall.

FOT has requested a review of the current proposal that will be sent to MNR to see if these recreational values were considered in the development proposal.
 Link to this message

dupuisn

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 11:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

In the past, a person could request purchasing leased crown land.I don't believe you can do that anymore.

My biggest concern, is that this is not simply transfering already leased land, but that the MNR is handing over crown land to be developed ! What precendent or message will this send? That all prestine wilderness can be bought and developed..for a price.

Link to this message

dave

Post Number: 170
Posted on Sunday, September 13, 2009 - 10:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

...well yeah
 Link to this message

curly
Post Number: 179

Posted on Sunday, September 13, 2009 - 10:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

After reviewing the plan maps and cross referencing them with canoe route maps, I found that two portages will be affected by the proposed development. One portage on Marian Lake (to Panet Lake) and one on Olive (to Belanger) may have lots an buildings on top of them.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Only registered users may post messages here. If you have cookies enabled, your username and password will automatically appear in the boxes. Register
Password:
Action:

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home