Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami environment * Unidentified flying things < Previous Next >

Link to this message

shale

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 12:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi all

I have just completed a canoe trip through the north and south channel of the Lady Evelyn river. The most rugged portages I have ever seen and the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen. On our way out we had stopped on an island at the top of sucker gut lake and a very high speed object flew by just above the trees. It scared all of us as it was jet like in sound and definatly man made by the extremely high speed. While we discussed its possible origin, about 30 minutes later it returnd in the opposite direction exactly. like it was on a flight path. Due to its speed we could not identify it at all it was just a flash over our heads.
Has anyone experienced this?
 Link to this message

alscool

Post Number: 325

Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 2:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

so...an un-identified flying object?

My Dad did on Obabika, it was well into the a.m. and he said he saw lights fly towards and over the lake and then dived into the lake and gone.

What is just above the tree line, 50 meters?
 Link to this message

shale

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, July 4, 2011 - 10:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I suspect some kind of military drone testing. I don't know of any other bases other than CFB North Bay and that a long way away.
 Link to this message

irishfield

Post Number: 321

Posted on Monday, July 4, 2011 - 10:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

CANFOR out playing war games...
 Link to this message

tripper_dave

Post Number: 64

Posted on Friday, July 8, 2011 - 4:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

A couple of friends and I were camped on the north end of Wakimika Lake a few years ago and saw a four engine military plane fly over. It came by twice.

(Message edited by tripper_dave on July 8, 2011)
 Link to this message

bush_pilot

Post Number: 202

Posted on Friday, July 8, 2011 - 9:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

There is a large military training area northwest of North Bay(includes all of Lk. Temagami and Obabika) dating back to the days when there was a fighter squadron in North Bay. The Squadron is long gone but the area is still used occasionaly by the military for training. The US airforce at one time did very low level training flights over the area in B52's, I took off from a remote lake north of Sudbury in 1983 and had a B52 pass a mile in front of me about 300' above the trees!I wasn't expecting that.

(Message edited by Bush Pilot on July 8, 2011)
 Link to this message

grncnu
Post Number: 102
Posted on Friday, July 8, 2011 - 7:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

i saw a "predator" drone over southern ontario last year. it was not jet-propelled, in fact it was flying very slowly and came over to "look" at us as we walked through the woods- an uncomfortable feeling to say the least!
what you saw sounds more like a cruise missile...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Only registered users may post messages here. If you have cookies enabled, your username and password will automatically appear in the boxes. Register
Password:
Action:

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home