Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami environment * Wolf Lake - Respond to the issue < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 16, 2011dave25 12-16-11  7:10 pm
Archive through March 14, 2012grncnu25 03-14-12  1:20 am
  ClosedNew messages will be added after most recent message, not on archived pages        

Link to this message

Post Number: 23
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 11:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Toronto Star article this AM --ontario-scraps-plans-to-expand-mining-in-an-old- growth-area-near-temagami?bn=1
 Link to this message

Post Number: 8

Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 5:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Some advise from Sun Tzo.
"What is of the greatest importance in war is extraordinary speed: One cannot afford to neglect opportunity."

This may not seem like war, but I agree with grncnu.

What is lost without action, can be lost forever. The action of so many to get to where we are is great, let's persist for the benefit of future generations. I have had my opportunity.
 Link to this message

Post Number: 1150

Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I suspect the coalition is taking Sun Tzo's advice.
 Link to this message

Post Number: 1404

Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 5:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Back to the strange ignorance about the Temagami region from the mayor of Temagami. Here are set of maps to help the mayor: Hodgson's 101. 20by%20maps.htm

Link to this message

Post Number: 175
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2012 - 1:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

your maps made me think brian- thanks!
all the parks that have been established in the area only fit into one map, the wilson canoe routes map of "temagami" these parks all follow canoe routes; some (sturgeon, makobe etc.) as narrow ribbons, some (lady evelyn/smoothwater) made broader to encompass areas of densely intersecting canoe routes. nowhere do we find parks consisting of hinterland alone, i.e. areas not accessible to canoe.
it is therefore rather clear that what is actually being protected (consciously or unconsciously) by the evolving park structure is canoe routes, not necessarily large swathes of hinterland.
now, i personally would like to see the hinterland preserved together with the routes, taking the whole greater temagami region permanently off the forestry/mining track. since i don't see this happening immediately, i fall back on the absolute necessity of preserving the integrity of at least the access routes that allow penetration to the interior.
the exemption of wolf lake from park/fully preserved status is a serious anomaly in the evolving pattern of park/preserved from development lands.
look at the maps.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Only registered users may post messages here. If you have cookies enabled, your username and password will automatically appear in the boxes. Register

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home