Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami general * Archive through August 10, 2005 * Resort < Previous Next >

Link to this message

dave

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, March 7, 2005 - 8:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

anyone else heard about the resort that the town is considering building? apparently it's to go on caribou mountain. last i heard anyway. from what i know, i'm talking full out resort, golf course, ski hill, etc. kinda kills temagami if you ask me.
 Link to this message

ojig

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, March 8, 2005 - 10:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Been there, done that. Not happening. Don't worry about it.
 Link to this message

dave

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, March 8, 2005 - 12:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

are you sure? 'cause i read it in the economic review of the town just last week
 Link to this message

ojig

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 12:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

There was a ski hill there in 87-88. That folded. I live in Temagami, and have heard this many times. It would be nice, that way I don't have to go out of town to golf. A resort would offer employment and accomodations. Something Temagami is short of in both ways. I think if this does take place, it won't be for a few years yet.
 Link to this message

dave

Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 1:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

it could generate revenue, but paradoxically it would take away the town's main feature, caribou mountain and white bear..if you put a big resort on the mountain, that would take away a lot of the forest (not white bear), and would be bad for local lodges and camps. but oh well, i think you're right that it probably won't happen
 Link to this message

sledgehammer

Post Number: 31

Posted on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 11:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ojig, Kahn nah bin-eh geezh cop-kaw gamik. That was a pretty deadly ski hill when it first opened that time waysh-cut-ago.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home