Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami general * Archive through August 10, 2005 * Temagami Water Levels < Previous Next >

Link to this message

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, April 6, 2005 - 12:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Down here in Southeastern Ontario winter/spring water levels have been high. There has been a lot of precipitation and there is a lot of water laying around. Does anyone know what water levels are predicted to be in Temagami this spring/summer?

I haven't taken a spring trip to Temagami in a long time (I used to trip in early May, but then switched to post-Labour Day), and I was thinking about a spring river trip this year. I am thinking of perhaps the Upper Sturgeon or the Makobe.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
 Link to this message

Post Number: 382

Posted on Wednesday, April 6, 2005 - 11:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

The group that does anything close to estimates (yes, there really is one!) is the Sturgeon/Nipissing/French Advisory Group so it can manage dam releases in the area. The chair is Phil Hall at MNR in North Bay. You might try him. But don't get your hopes up. He can't forecast weather any better than Environment Canada. If he could, he would probably be getting rich trading wheat futures rather than working for MNR.

Thaw has barely started at this time.
 Link to this message

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, April 7, 2005 - 11:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks Brian,

Perhaps I will wait a few weeks to give the thaw a chance, and then try to contact Phil Hall.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home