Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami general * Archive through August 10, 2005 * Flying to Temagami < Previous Next >

Link to this message

tedc

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 6:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Looking for some advice.
I'm planning to fly my floatplane up to the Temagami region for a couple of days during the last week of July. As I've never been to the area before I'm looking for some advice, on places to visit, campsites, restuants, hiking etc. I've found some great info on this site but am looking to get some advice on how to best utilise my 2-3 days there with the plane.
Thanks in advance.
 Link to this message

cdnrob

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 11:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi Ted:

Temagami Shores caters to pilots and would be more than happy to help you plan your stay. Give Bill a call to discuss at 1-866-866-7733.

Regards,
Rob
 Link to this message

irishfield

Post Number: 47

Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 11:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

They can also line up a boat rental for you if you want to head out fishing. If you eat in the dining room make sure you leave my daughter a darn good tip!! LOL

Be sure to get the plane on the back side of a dock though as the wake can get pretty bad in the corner when the tubers from the Provincial Park get going around in circles and the OPP boat throws the worst wake on the lake.

Seriously, haven't ventured around the lake with my airplane enough to help you with beaching locations etc. Bet Derek over at Lakeland could help you somewhat though. Stop to top your tanks with 100LL at their dock and do some chatting.

Cheers,
Wayne
 Link to this message

tedc

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, August 2, 2005 - 1:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

thanks all
I ended up going up for a day trip. Breakfast at Loon lodge then flew around the area for a bit- quite spectacular. Hiked Temagami island (found a protected dock in a bay center west side of the Island) then dinner at Deepwater lodge. Will be back next year for a longer visit.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home