Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through July 18, 2008 * Sturgeon river acces < Previous Next >

Link to this message

coonoe

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, March 1, 2008 - 4:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

We are planning a spring canoe trip on the Sturgeon R. and wondered what the access road (205) from Capreol to just north of St Paul Lk.is like at this time of year. We Hope to be on the river , May 20/08. Will it be good enough to get our Dodge Vans in?? Two Canoes per van , 2 vans , 4 people per van.
 Link to this message

ed

Post Number: 537

Posted on Sunday, March 2, 2008 - 9:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Coonoe:
You might want to take a few minutes and look back into some of the threads on the Sturgeon River.
At the top of this thread click on the blue banner: Temagami canoe routes & Backcountry travel .... to bring up the list of threads.....
Then look for topics with Sturgeon R, Portelance Road, Isphatina to Wawiagama etc.etc.in the title. You should get a good idea of travel conditions from reading them.
Also there is some additional information on Myccr on the Sturgeon R.

go to:http://www.myccr.com/SectionForums/viewtopic.php?t =28372

Also on the myccr site are some pictures of the road posted by Missbeth. You may want to look at them by following the links she provided.

...and if you still have questions... please do come back and ask again.
Ed.

Link to this message

coonoe

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, March 3, 2008 - 5:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ed,
Thanks for getting me on track. As a first time user I didn't notice there were more pages. We are looking at a few more trip options for our spring trip. Thanks to Missbeth for the pictures on her site and the information. What a great forum for looking for information in the Temagami area.
Coonoe

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home