Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through July 18, 2008 * Information on hap wilsons route no 5 < Previous Next >

Link to this message

jps

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 5:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

i would like to know general information on this route, this route i plan to do may 12th. Are the portages maintained on this route, and i might be doing this solo so i was wondering if a canoe cart would be a great help or an inconvinace. The other thing i would like to know is how many of the sites would i have to pay camping fees for, the only area i can see is the Temagami river. One more question for all you fellow canoers, this is my first time starting this early in the season so i was thinking of wearing hip weighters for the marshie portages, any other great sugustions. Thank You.
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 870

Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 9:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

There are no fees on any of that route. The Ottertooth Parks Guide has info on where fees must be paid:
http://www.ottertooth.com/Temagami/Canoeing/parks. htm

The entire is not maintained, though some stretches has been cleaned up in the last year or two. Not sure how well used the portages are between Red Cedar and Wasaksina lakes. Maybe someone else here can answer.
 Link to this message

jps

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 4:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

thanks brain for the info.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home