Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through September 5, 2008 * Twinkle Lake, Pinetorch Creek < Previous Next >

Link to this message

doublebend

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 4:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I'm curious if anyone has any information about, or knows of anyone ever having traveled Pinetorch Creek below Pinetorch Lake down through Twinkle Lake.

I may be in that area sometime over the next month and am considering an exploratory jaunt, with a mind to scoping out the viability of the route on Craig's map between Pinetorch and Nasmith creeks. Any little tidbits may prove helpful.

DoubleBend
 Link to this message

ed

Post Number: 564

Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 7:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Not sure if anyone has reported on that route. You might try to ask C_Mel or Alscool if they have ever been through there.
The only other people I can think of who may have gone there at some time recently would be one of the older canoe camps.
 Link to this message

curly

Post Number: 128

Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 8:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ask C_Mel or call me (I'm at work tomorrow, Stn 2)
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 881

Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 9:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I checked out the creek for evidence of travel out of Pinetorch Lake a couple of years ago. There was none, through the creek. However, I also noticed later on Craig's map that there was a traditional portage farther north of the outlet. There is also an old logging road at little bit farther north than the nastawgan location that goes to the next pond on the river and it could make an good portage if the nastawgan is gone. I didn't go downstream from Pinetorch Lake, and I haven't heard of anyone doing this route. But it has potential.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home