Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through May 22, 2014 * GPS Coordinates of campsites < Previous Next >

Link to this message

ladyfisher

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2013 - 12:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

My husband and I are planning a camping/fishing trip to Temagami in the middle of August. We would like to try camping on Crown Land, as we've never done that before. We've never been to Temagami, and would like to find a nice campsite near several lakes and streams where we can "stay put" for a couple of days and relax. Does anyone know of any campsites that sound like what we're looking for? GPS coordinates would be helpful. I'm aware Temagami is quite large, but we're not picky and don't really have a specific area in mind.
 Link to this message

curly

Post Number: 435

Posted on Friday, July 26, 2013 - 7:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I think we need a little more info to help you. What type of camping are you doing? Canoeing? RV or car? Motorboat? Something else?
 Link to this message

ladyfisher

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2013 - 11:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Car camping would be ideal, but we just purchased a canoe today so that would be an option too. We've never been on a "canoe trip", so keep in mind we're not that experienced in that area. Perhaps a campsite that isn't too far from where we would have to park, or even somewhere where we can park at the campsite would be great.
 Link to this message

curly

Post Number: 438

Posted on Saturday, July 27, 2013 - 2:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

You could park at your campsite on a lake like Red Squirrel. Or you could park at an access point like Anima Nipissing, Rabbit Lake, or Red Squirrel, then paddle a short distance to a campsite.
 Link to this message

ladyfisher

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, July 27, 2013 - 11:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thank you! Do you have any coordinates of these locations or any explanation in how to find the campsites? I've tried googling it but not much comes up.
 Link to this message

curly

Post Number: 439

Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 7:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

For Red Squirrel Lake, drive out the Red Squirrel Road about 20 km to Red Squirrel Lake. The RSR is about 10 km north of the town of Temagami on Hwy 11. For Anima Nipissing Lake, drive about 15 km out the Anima Nipissing Rd to the landing at the end. The ANR is about 30 km north of Temagami. For Rabbit Lake, drive the Rabbit Lake Road to the Rabbit Lake South Access, about 7 km from the Hwy (turn left in a wide gravel pit area and go about 200 m to the lake). The RLR starts on Hwy 11 south of Temagami at a store called Gramp's Place, about 80 km north of North Bay. I do not have GPS coordinates. Look around on ottertooth for access maps. You should also purchase a copy of the Friends of Temagami's Adventure Planning Map:

http://www.friendsoftemagami.org/index.php/back
 Link to this message

ladyfisher

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 10:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Great! Thank you so much!
 Link to this message

dumont

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 5:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

are there any camp sites down or off rabbit lake rd that i can drive my 4x4 to? id prefer to be on a small private lake or river if possible. ive explored roosevelt road and found a couple spots but rabbit lake road is a little closer to home and im wondering what its like.

thanks in advance

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home