Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through July 29, 2014 * Lorrain - Matabitchuan Loop: Video < Previous Next >

Link to this message

stajanleafs

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, October 3, 2013 - 7:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

After the loss of my passport signaled the end of hopes to get to the USA for a canoe trip, we quickly planned a 90km, 4 day trip to Temagami's eastern side. Notable highlights included the old-growth forest stands and side trails. There were a few portages that ended up in a bushwack with GPS and map to find the lake. Additionally we encountered numerous low water sections where we had to line the canoe or portage over dried up river and swamp.

We journeyed to Blueberry Lake, then loop trough Lorrain Lake and Creek until we met up with the Matabitchuan River and followed it's course to Fourbass and Cooper Lake. We took the lesser traveled route to Glasfor Lake via the south-eastern portage route which proved rough and hard to find. We completed the trip by traveling through Maxam and Rabbit Lakes to get to our car at Cassels Lake

Check out the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zldCdDn0_tY#t=440

Happy Paddling,
Brad
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 1590

Posted on Thursday, October 3, 2013 - 8:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Great vid. And I am not referring to the Girls Don't Poop ad that came first.
 Link to this message

hape2canu

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, October 3, 2013 - 8:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Great video Brad. In another very recent thread I have been asking for information on the Matabitchuan River loop. This adds a great deal to what has already been provided to me.
 Link to this message

lost_canoe

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, October 4, 2013 - 12:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Another amazing video guys!! Keep up the great Temagami treks!!

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home