Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through April 12, 2005 * Lower Montreal River < Previous Next >

Link to this message

nondy

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, November 17, 2004 - 9:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi. New to Ottertooth. Hope I'm doing this correctly. Searched for Montreal River information and came up empty.

Would like to know what the Montreal River is like between Latchford and the Ottawa River. I only have the Temagami Canoe Routes Planning Map at this time. It looks OK to me. A few dams to portage around but other than that I can't see much else?

Thinking of doing a trip, Latchford, Montreal River, Four Bass, Cooper, Burwash, Rabbit. Take out at Rabbit Lake access or maybe Temagami.

Will be grateful for any info you can give, including suggestions for books, maps, etc.
Thanks.

Hope to become a regular at Ottertooth.
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 295

Posted on Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 9:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

When you search Ottertooth, there are two different searches: One for the regular Web pages (this search link is found at the bottom of those pages) and a second search link to search messages on this forum (found at the bottom of the forum pages).

Before the Lower Notch dam was constructed in 1970, it was a well-used canoe route. Except for around Hound Chute, it has become a lake paddling trip. There are a number of dams, the highway and access points, so it is not a pristine area. And there are three towns upstream, so you will have to be concerned about drinking-water quality.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home