Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through September 5, 2008 * 805 again... < Previous Next >

Link to this message

pcrowley

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 10:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hey thanks Hillbilly. By going the 805 I'm hoping to avoid crowds but for all the hassle am I better to simply launching at the end of the Temagami Central Access Road and paddle West to Obabika Inlet then portage into Obabika Lake?

Also that back route we're looking at, we're three tents, in our group. My Temagami map shows several campsites which could accomodate - is this accurate?

Thanks }
 Link to this message

marty_s

Post Number: 16
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 10:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

If you want to put in on Lake Temagami headed for Obabika, then another option would be to drive down Red Sq Road and put in on Ferguson Bay . You will be in more sheltered waters ; paddle over to Devil Bay and take the easy portage that puts you halfway down Obabika Inlet.
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 916

Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 9:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

805 is really a gravel backroad disguised as a highway. Getting to the Obabika access point gets very rough toward the end. So one factor is your comfort level with this kind of road on your vehicle.

Not sure which campsites you are looking at, but most along that route will accommodate 3 tents.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home