Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through May 29, 2009 * Gamble to Florence < Previous Next >

Link to this message

rootbrian

Post Number: 11
Posted on Sunday, August 3, 2008 - 8:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I've never been to Florence and wanted to take a short trip putting in somewhere down beauty lake road by gamble or beyond and take it down to Florence and camp. The map looks like a very narrow river. Is it possible to make this trip in Sept? and are there a lot of lift overs, etc? Any info would be helpful.. How long do you think it is to paddle to Florence via this route?
Thanks again!!!
 Link to this message

gunney

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, August 3, 2008 - 9:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

A thread on myccr.com suggests the bridge on Beauty Lake Rd is out at Kaa Lake north of Gamble Lake. Here's the link:

http://www.myccr.com/SectionForums/viewtopic.php?p =279791
 Link to this message

rootbrian

Post Number: 13
Posted on Sunday, August 3, 2008 - 10:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

It is out...it was out in May when I drove down there. You can put in close to where the road washes out... Assuming you can make it to Gamble...can you make it to Florence vis this route?
Thanks,
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 927

Posted on Monday, August 4, 2008 - 12:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

You can put in anywhere on the road from Beauty Lake down, though the route below Kaa is better used. From there you can make it down the Lady E to Gamble Lake and beyond to the Forks, then upstream to Florence. The portages are well documented in Hap Wilson's book and on the Canoes Routes Planning Map. It shows 5 portages to Gamble. There should be enough water in September. It is a straightforward paddle from Gamble to Florence. That portion can be done within a day. Not sure about the portion above Gamble.
 Link to this message

jerryn

Post Number: 6
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 3:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi
I just drove to Kaa at the end of June. It was confusing to find the right road and when found it was over grown.( you'll need a good GPS) It is true both culverts are out below Kaa. The first can be 4 wheeled over the last is a total wash out.
The creek or Lady Evelyn has some fast and twisty runs down to Gamble
Good Luck.
 Link to this message

rootbrian

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 8:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks - Looking forward to it... I believe if you just hug the road always to the right hand side as traveling south.. thats the correct road, if memory serves.. Brian

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home