Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through April 12, 2005 * Campsites in central L Temagami area < Previous Next >

Link to this message

blitz_boy

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, November 20, 2004 - 7:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I am planning to paddle back to Temagami Village form Obabika via Obabika inlet- NW arm-Central L Temagami and then up the NE arm. Are thre any good campsites along this route? I think that this part of the lake has a lot of private property.
 Link to this message

ed

Post Number: 131

Posted on Saturday, November 20, 2004 - 6:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Blitz:
There a lots of sites along that route. Do you have a copy of the Temagami Canoe Route Planning Map?
The sites are marked om it and there are others that are not marked.
Ed.
 Link to this message

irishfield

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, November 21, 2004 - 12:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Private property is Islands only for the most part on all of Lake Temagami (other than the town basin and the Mine (Lake Temagami)access roads end. There are campsites along the mainland shores to within a mile or so of town and there is also Finlayson Point Provincial Park just before town and across from my Island (#30). As I posted in another subject all the lake maps, campsite maps and canoe route maps are available thru the township office at the following link with very quick service.
http://www.temagamivacation.com/purchmap.htm
Cheers,
Wayne
 Link to this message

blitz_boy

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, November 21, 2004 - 6:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I intend to get Hap's new book. I will also check out the web link from Irishfield. Are there any particularly good sites in the central area? There will only be 3 of us in 1 canoe.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home