Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through May 29, 2009 * Sturgeon River road condition < Previous Next >

Link to this message

pierre19

Post Number: 12
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 8:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Does anyone care to speak to the condition of the road from Capreol to where it crosses the Sturgeon River? Is it passable by a 2wd vehicle? Is it any different than the road to Wawiagama Lake? I need to go in there to pick up a canoe cart and would appreciate anything anyone has to say about the road, or even crossing the river there in a 2wd vehicle, an Uplander.
Alternatively, a friend has a 4x4 but it is brand new. Would it be advisable to attempt the road to the Sturgeon River in a vehicle that cannot get scratched?

Pierre
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 942

Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 9:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

If you need to get to Wawiagama Lake you get there by driving from River Valley, not from Capreol.
 Link to this message

ojig

Post Number: 46
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 10:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Whats the point in having a 4x4 if your friend does'nt want to take it off road. They are only scuffs on the paint, and not actual scratches. They buff off quite easily with a little polish and elbow grease.
 Link to this message

pierre19

Post Number: 13
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 6:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Well I want to get to Hamlow Lake so I want to go up Road 545 from Capreol to the Sturgeon River. Yeah, ojig, I am trying to sell him on the deal with "That'll buff right out!" I figue once you get a few scratches going and pump a few beers in him, he will be fine.

To him, the point of having a 4x4 is that there is a cool shiny sticker on the side that says 4x4. I don't think he knows what that does. He kind of mentioned he thought that meant it had 4 wheels but was a little unclear about why all cars don't say that. I told him it was because the treads were deeper on the tires...
In his defense, though, even the new Dodge Charger has all wheel drive. If anyone wants to help me get my cache up there in the woods with a AWD charger, well I would pay good money.

Pierre

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home