Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through May 29, 2009 * Blueberry route temagami < Previous Next >

Link to this message

canoehead

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 10:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Has anyone canoed and hiked the new reopened route? Going up to spend 8 to 10 days around sept. 28 did Harris lake area last year..want to know what water levels are like and how nice this area is!!!How is the interconnect to rabbit lake?..Thanks...Canoehead
 Link to this message

canoehead

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 9:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Where do you obtain a permit to canoe in Temagami late in sept...I have never run into any others in the last three years canoeing..doing the new blueberry route aroung sept. 28th..planning 8to 10 days..will my vehicle be safe..I know that some break ins occur..it happen in killarney..my car was the only one not broken into..Thanks..canoehead
 Link to this message

curly

Post Number: 147

Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 2:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Sorry, I never saw your thread here. I was out at the COTS, so missed it. You don't need a permit to paddle outside of the parks. BL is nowhere near a park (not for long, if I have my way!).

Parking at the public access point on Cassels Lake is generally safe, but there is a risk wherever you go.

And sure, let us all know how it went. It's a real nice route. "East of the Highway" is the Rodney Dangerfield of Temagami.

(Message edited by curly on September 15, 2008)
 Link to this message

canoehead

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 8:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thankyou Curly..will let you know..I will be looking to interconnect also down to Rabbit..if not able to..Veronica and I will just paddle back up Cassels and area I guess to spend our time up there...Later!!!..Canoehead
 Link to this message

curly

Post Number: 150

Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 11:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Didn't recognize your moniker, Norm.
 Link to this message

canoehead

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 11:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thankyou..Curly...We will be doing the route then and more..planning a good 8 to 10 days..Its the best!!Talk to you soon..will let you know how we made out!!!..Paul/Veronica
 Link to this message

curly

Post Number: 151

Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 1:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Oops, then you're not who I thought you were.... wrong Veronica!
 Link to this message

canoehead

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 9:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Wow..another Veronica..not a very popular name...she cant wait to go..I put the bug in her..she will be hooked like us all!!!She too will dream of the waters/trees and will long for it and will return..Paul/Veronica
 Link to this message

watersong

Post Number: 50
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 10:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Great area....Blueberry is a gem !!!
 Link to this message

canoehead

Post Number: 9
Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 8:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Watersong..you are right..it was beautiful..this area has its own micro climate..finding the back route into Dalton Lake was great also opposite side of lake from the portage route and we travelled up to the swamp and were able to spend a whole day watching wildlife and also made it up to the clear cut between Cassels and Blueberry where we tracked a moose!!!.Paul/Veronica

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home