Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through July 29, 2014 * Mowatt to Sugar to Goodfish to Angler lakes < Previous Next >

Link to this message

campheiden

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 9:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Looking at doing a June 2014 canoe /fishing trip to Mowatt Landing to Sugar Lake, to Goodfish lake to Angler lake and back..9 nights and 2 nights at each of the main lakes .. any tips on the route, good places to fish.. latest campsite information would be great....get the blood going in this cold winter!!!!!!
 Link to this message

simonb

Post Number: 59

Posted on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 12:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

There should be good fishing along most of your route, although you will be competing with power boats on your way along lady evelyn from mowat landing.

There was good fishing for pike and bass in all the goodfish/angler lakes area. When we hit the bay on lady evelyn there were a number of aluminum boats doing very well with walleye as well.

I've got a map of the entire muskego area; if you'd like a copy send me an email.
 Link to this message

campheiden

Post Number: 4

Posted on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 9:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks for the information, how were the campsites? we will have 4 to 6 in group
 Link to this message

marty_s

Post Number: 29
Posted on Thursday, March 6, 2014 - 1:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Those lakes are all pretty small; seems like a lot of work to move your campsite every two days when you'll spend more time breaking down and resetting camp than you will paddling between them. Best just to set up a base camp and do day trips to the other lakes, they are all close together.
 Link to this message

campheiden

Post Number: 7

Posted on Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 8:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

we shall see how the bugs will be with the late ice out for mid June..... pray for us... lol

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home