Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through July 29, 2014 * Canoe/Fishing < Previous Next >

Link to this message

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 10:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi..It's been a lot of years since I traveled the Temagami Area by canoe. I'm not up to the big trips anymore.
I am considering traveling north out of Hobart Lake to Greenwater Lake. I recall it was little used, once above Old Bill Lake, at least back then.
Can anyone tell me if there are Walleye and/or Northern Pike in Anvil Lake, Bergeron Lake, Niccolite Lake, and Greenwater Lake?
Thanks for any help you can give me.
 Link to this message

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 8:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I've nerver fished this area but according to my fishing atlas and the MNR fishing tool these lakes all contain lake trout and perch. Doesn't seem to be any pike, bass, or walleye. Hope this helps.
 Link to this message

Post Number: 98
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 7:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I have never found MNR fishing tool to be wholly accurate. I have caught pike and waleye and bass in lakes shown to not have those species according to the MNR. I love trolling by canoe with a spoon type lure especially in the smaller lakes to see what I can catch. Btw,thereis a giant fish somewhere in Olier Lake that is still holding onto one of my lures.
 Link to this message

Post Number: 464

Posted on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 3:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

You should get the fish a copy of the MNR map! They might be lost. But seriously....

The Friends of Temagami's soon-to-be-released Obabika Loop/Maple Mountain trippers' map will have fish species listed on most lakes. It is based on our own research. No, we didn't fish all the lakes, we just talked with people who did.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home