Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through July 29, 2014 * Rabbit Lake rd < Previous Next >

Link to this message

dumont

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, May 7, 2014 - 10:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

In a couple weeks I would like to take Rabbit lake Rd all the way to the end where the trail starts for Grand Campment Bay. Does anyone know what condition the road is presently in? I have a pretty decent 4x4 truck but I would appreciate any input or advise. Thanks
 Link to this message

limacharley

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 7:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

In my experience, should there be a washout, the township is pretty quick to fix it as there will be lots of people camping in that area for the long weekend.
The road is usually in good shape otherwise. A little washboard in some places unless they graded. You should call Gramps and speak with the owner. (705) 569-3825. He traps minnows in the ponds along the road.
 Link to this message

curly

Post Number: 466

Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 7:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

While the municipality might do maintenance as far as the Rabbit lake public access (~10 km in), they certainly won't go as far as the end of the road at Grand Campment Bay (+40 km). Calling Gramps is a good idea. I'd also go to nastawgantrails.org and send them an email. Someone there will know.
 Link to this message

dumont

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - 12:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

for anyone that's interested the first 30 or so km is easily drive able with any car, large ruts or bumps are marked. past that you would just need a little more ground clearance, 4x4 is not necessary to get to the grand campment bay trails.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home