Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through April 12, 2005 * "Paradise Lagoon" near Wolf Lake < Previous Next >

Link to this message

diplomat

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 3:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hello I am wondering if anyone knows anything about Paradise Lagoon, i remember it is quite close to Wolf Lake ... we ad to climb through some sort of tree clogged river downhill to this waterfall surrounded by 15 foot clifs, a lagoon of sorts where other people clearly had found this beforehand, any other names for this place or clear instructions on how to actually get there? thanks!
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 314

Posted on Friday, December 24, 2004 - 9:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Silvester is the lake south of Wolf. Paradise is between Silvester and Matagamasi lakes off the portage.
 Link to this message

diplomat

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, December 24, 2004 - 5:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

thank you very much, by the way, i work at a camp in ontario and there are plenty of people who are very interested in this type of site/information....why dont you promote the site/forums a bit more, would get such interesting conversation.

so, i suppose it is well known as "paradise lagoon" then? is there anythign else i should know about this place.....i dont remember any clear markings or entry to this special place.....how far off the portage is it? i remember a log clogged river downhill climb to get their....thanks brian
 Link to this message

garrett

Post Number: 66

Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 3:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

The Lagoon is along the first portage south of Silvester Lake before Matagamasi.

It's very easy to find, it's along the trail. Great swimming and a nice series of waterfalls.

Good luck!

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home