Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through May 20, 2015 * Sunrise Lake? < Previous Next >

Link to this message

rachael

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2014 - 1:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hello everyone! So normally this time of year I'd be gearing up for some arduously long canoe trip somewhere in Temagami but this season I'm pregnant and forced to limit my portaging and stay a little closer to access points. So I was thinking about visiting Sunrise Lake but I can't find any information on what it's like. I've been to Blueberry already last month and by looking at my planning map it seems Sunrise would be similar to Blueberry but on a bigger lake with campsites better spaced out? am I right? Or is it full of cottages and motorboats?

Does anyone know where I can find out if we can park at the access on Rabbit?

Thanks so much!

(Message edited by rachael on July 25, 2014)
 Link to this message

zed

Post Number: 27

Posted on Friday, July 25, 2014 - 8:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

A small group of us paddled into Sunrise lake last summer. The lake doesn't have any cottages on it and we didn't see any motorboats.

I believe that you could access Sunrise from the end of Lowell Lake road. We saw a couple of trucks with camping trailers a the Lowell Lake rd landing on Cassels Lake.
 Link to this message

curly

Post Number: 476

Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2014 - 4:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

There is one hunt camp on Sunrise, in the far eastern bay. The road to that camp is off of the Rabbit Lake Road and it's long and rough so not many people go that way. The lake was heavily logged in the 1980s, so it doesn't have the nice old growth forests around it like Blueberry does. You can park at the Rabbit Lake south end access point, at the end of Lowell Lake Road, or at the public access on Cassels Lake.
 Link to this message

rachael

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2014 - 12:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks Zed and Curly for all your help! It's a shame about the logging.. I hope it doesn't look too bad.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home