Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through October 17, 2015 * East Wanapitei - Chiniguchi Expedition < Previous Next >

Link to this message

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2015 - 10:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

On this expedition, Leah and I ventured through a remote part of western Temagami. Facing bushwhack portages, shallow streams and windy lakes, we explored the wild and scenic East Wanapitei River; undocumented and seldom traveled.This challenging trip saw us bushwhack through abandoned trails, chart unknown regions and lie in wait; wind bound through a gale. A truly fantastic experience and an amazing destination. Watch the video for more! Trust me it's worth it

I've included a write-up and photos on myccr if you're interested 8&t=43709
 Link to this message

Post Number: 1678

Posted on Monday, March 16, 2015 - 10:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ambitious. Looking forward to your report on returning to clear the trails and the river.
 Link to this message

Post Number: 375
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 2:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Nice photos, nice video, nice trip! Nice to see people going off the beaten track.
What time of year was that?
 Link to this message

Post Number: 63
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 2:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

stajanleafs... It is most excellent that technology can keep some of my canoeing family of this site in touch with the true back country of Temagami. Thanks for taking the time and effort to post a trip report. Your very notable trip lifts the spirits of us cabin-bound canoeists that haven't had the chance to dip a paddle during this brutal winter! A tip o' the hat on this St. Patty's Day!

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home