Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through August 10, 2009 * Cross Lake Road/Boat Access < Previous Next >

Link to this message

bassguy

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 3:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Does anyone know where -exactly- the MNR boat access at Cross Lake comes out??? I drove to it -via River Valley- ten years ago, (but never launched) Have never been able to locate it from the water on Cross Lake. I know it is on the south west side, in a bay, perhaps in a little further that the snow machine access point?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 1035

Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 9:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

MNR does not have an access point on Cross Lake though it did illegally approve one in 1996 and was convicted in court. Not sure if the access still exists, legally.

I recall hearing that the road to it was so bad that it was just as fast, if not faster, to drive to the Mine Landing and take a boat to Cross Lake. And you saved on the repairs to your vehicle.
 Link to this message

bassguy

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 9:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Good point!! At the time, I drove a Nissan Sentra right to the access- they had concrete curbs, 45 degree parking lot, crushed gravel, signage, the works. Nice to know the MNR are accountable, too.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home