Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through July 10, 2016 * Wasaksina lake in august < Previous Next >

Link to this message

darryl_p

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, June 2, 2015 - 10:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi. I will be heading to wasaksina lake this summer with some friends. We have been going to the French river for the past 12 years and decided it was time for a change. I would really appreciate any fishing tips that can be had for this lake. We are mostly into pike fishing for the fight, but it would be great to fry up a bit of pickerel. Also, is there a campsite on this lake big enough for 5 tents, or 2 sites close together?
 Link to this message

darryl_p

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 9:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Would anyone be able to give me an answer on how long it takes to canoe from Iceland through driftwood to wasaksina?
 Link to this message

gibson

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 11:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

My family and I traveled from Iceland to Wasaksina last summer and it took us just under 3 hours (including the portage). It is worth noting though, that we were a family of four (two kids ages 5-3) so we were likely travelling slower than the average paddler. If I were solo it probably would have taken closer to 2 hours.

I'm not a fisherman so I can't help you there.

As for sites, we stayed at the site to the north of the large island and it would likely be large enough for 5 tents depending on their size.

Hope that helps!
 Link to this message

darryl_p

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 10:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks. That's about the same amount of time that we are used to. I think we only have 3 or 4 tents to deal with, so finding a site shouldn't be an issue. Do you remember seeing any cliffs on Wasaksina that were jumpable (into the water)?
 Link to this message

gibson

Post Number: 19
Posted on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 6:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

No, I don't recall any cliffs but to be honest I wasn't looking for them.

Link to this message

canoes23

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 4:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Anyone know of the condition of the camp sites on Wasaksina
we are thinking of heading there in August 2016

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home