Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through July 10, 2016 * Fly in 4 day river trip? < Previous Next >

Link to this message

hotplate

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 10:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hello all,

A few years ago a buddy had mentioned something about a river trip in Temagami region where you get yourself and your canoe flown up river and then paddle/portage back down?

Does anyone know what this is about and where I would find more info? Looking to go for 4 days in august...if possible.

Thanks a bunch.
 Link to this message

bob

Post Number: 64
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 8:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Where do you want to end your 4 day trip ? I am assuming no flight back out ?
 Link to this message

eddy_turn

Post Number: 80

Posted on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 11:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Lakeland Airways are located on lake Temagami. You can start your river trip (the Sturgeon for instance) flying in from their terminal, but you can't end it there, or it will not be a river trip - you'd have to traverse quite a few lakes to get back. Fly-out is an option.
 Link to this message

darlh

Post Number: 10
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 4:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Not a lot of info to go on, but something like flying into Florence Lake and paddling down the Lady Evelyn River to Mowat Landing, or Temagami.
 Link to this message

bob

Post Number: 66
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 9:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I agree with eddy and darlh. Lakeland Airways would be the carrier but you need more time to get to a good river route or get get flown out also
 Link to this message

simonb

Post Number: 63

Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 11:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I thought I heard of flying into Katherine lake, and paddling back to Temagami from there down the South channel Lady Evelyn river. Could be done in 4 days, but would only be a day and a half on the river; the rest on lakes.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home