Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through May 30, 2017 * Access at S Tetapaga R & Lk Temagami Access Rd < Previous Next >

Link to this message

newtotemagami

Post Number: 11
Posted on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 12:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I've read reference in this forum to access into the S Tetapaga R where the Central Lk Temagami Access Rd crosses it. My questions: Is there really access there? Is there parking? Is it safe? Would it be safe to park there for six days? Would there be crowding problems the second wk of Aug?

Beyond that, how's the trip down the river to Iceland Lk? Can you paddle from Driftwood Lk to Wasaksina Lk? It looks like there's lots to explore and paddle around in the Wasaksina area. We like to get in, stay in one spot and do day trips. Any recommendations?

Thanks for your help.
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 1744

Posted on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 7:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Yes, there is access and parking there, or just a little farther west down the road. Never heard of any safety issues there, but someone else may be able to speak to that.
 Link to this message

newtotemagami

Post Number: 12
Posted on Sunday, May 29, 2016 - 8:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks for the info!
 Link to this message

canoes23

Post Number: 17
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 3:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I accessed Wasaksina via the route described just last week Aug 22/16 and it was awesome. When we arrived into Wasaksina we had a choice of every campsite on the lake. By mid morning next day every site was taken so beware. Some folks who came late had to move on, in the rain.}}

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home