Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through May 30, 2017 * Thunder boxes < Previous Next >

Link to this message

peterme

Post Number: 76
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 8:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Curiours to know if there is a map out there for lake Temagami campsites that have thunder boxes... Want to go camping on the lake for a few days ... But need thunder boxes for the ladies in the group. Thx
 Link to this message

neotericpilgrim

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 12:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I'm not sure if they all have thunder boxes but Friends of Temagami has an excellent map showing most of the campsites on the lake!

you can get it at several locations just look them up!
 Link to this message

campheiden

Post Number: 23

Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 2:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

you should specify your route and fellow adventurers who have been on those trails can tell you.... what I can tell you there is quite a variety of old and new thunder boxes, Buckets left behind, etc.... its an adnture
 Link to this message

grncnu

Post Number: 408
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 7:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

T-boxes are pretty universal on LT these days I thought. Others can correct me if I'm wrong.
On the other hand, when you gotta go you ain't always at a campsite... so the ladies ought to be encouraged to learn an essential wilderness skill...
Toilet paper should be buried, feminine hygiene products should be (thoroughly!) burned if paper and carried out if plastic.
 Link to this message

campheiden

Post Number: 25

Posted on Monday, May 30, 2016 - 10:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

some of my female friends have gotten the female pocket urinal such as http://www.amazon.com/Home-X%C2%AE-Portable-Female -Travel-Urinal/dp/B011OVH4NY/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UT F8&qid=1464662530&sr=8-4&keywords=female+urinal

and then one female friend called it a addadicktome....lol.. cheers! eh?

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home