Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through May 30, 2017 * Fly-In, Florence Fly-out Wawiagama < Previous Next >

Link to this message

gear2pac

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, September 6, 2016 - 1:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hello All
I'm new to this forum but have spent most of the past year reading the website and the forum posts including the archives. I've tried to register a few times but I kept getting sent to an error page. Thanks to Brian for solving the issue.
Although I've traveled to the Temagami area many times, I've never physically been there. All my visits have been through research and planning and so we're looking forward to spending 15 days wandering through the wilderness and seeing this beautiful place first hand. Following is the route we plan to take.
Fly-in to Florence spend a couple nights and explore the Lake. Head up Florence River, take the SLER (Shortcut Lake route), down LER through Macpherson, Katherine, Centre Falls through Chris Willis to Hobart, then take either Sucker Gut or LEL to Diamond, then Wakimika and down the river to Obabika, then down the Obabika River to Wawiagama for the fly-out.
We plan on doing the Tower Hike, the Triangle Hike and checking anything else out that sparks an interest. If anyone has any tips on travel, ie water levels and such that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 1778

Posted on Wednesday, September 7, 2016 - 8:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Assuming you are going this month, the water on the Lady Evelyn will be low, but as it is pool and drop it will be navigable. A great route.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home