Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Looking for new routes < Previous Next >

Link to this message

wsmac

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 12:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

good day everyone, We have canoed the Wolf Lake area as far as Doherty lake a few times now over the 3 yrs. As muich as we love the area, we think its time to explore other routes along system. So, asking the experts/regulars on here for suggestions to get us to see other parts of the area. We are thinking 4-6 day trips, and are open to most anything. Can I can some feedback on good routes? Thanks in advnace. :-)
 Link to this message

eddy_turn

Post Number: 122

Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 1:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

In Chiniguchi more loops are available incorporating in your route parts of the Sturgeon river - through Kettle falls, Stouffer, Parsons, Rawson or Maskinonge lakes (listing options from north to south). Did you see Donald and Maskinonge lakes? - another option. Are you open to different and more remote (from Toronto) access points and rugged portages? There's semi-loops to start at Gamble lake in the north or Gervais Rd. on the Surgeon.
 Link to this message

heatherlynne7

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hey! Just posted a trip report you might be interested in. Going into Temagami from the north end (beauty lake rd) is certainly more of a drive for most people, but there are a number of routes you can take that are quite easy and include lots of paddling.
1. down the lady evelyn to Florence Lake and back up (not so much of a loop but Florence is a must see). Or you could do a shuttle to beauty lake rd, down the lady evelyn River past cabin falls and out to an access point.
or
2. The Lady Evelyn River loop is a super popular short trip. You can access it through Mowat Landing > Lady Evelyn Lake > up the North Lady Evelyn River > down the South Lady Evelyn River > out or tack on Diamond Lake and out.

Lots of ideas on my blog WatermarkWords.org and also check out Tierney's Blog at TheHappyAdventure.com
 Link to this message

wsmac

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, October 5, 2017 - 6:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

We have the Donald portion of the loop a few times.
We are more then open to any suggestions, and not too concerned with longer drives to get to other acces points.
Definitely am going to check out the 2 blogs suggested by heatherlynne as well. If Florence lake is a "must see", I must look into it:-)
Thanks for a couple of ideas...will look into it. Will give me some new areas of interest to mull over during the winter.
 Link to this message

brian
Post Number: 1854

Posted on Thursday, October 5, 2017 - 9:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Yes, Florence is a must-see, as are Wolf Lake, the Trout Streams and Makobe River (if there is enough water).

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Only registered users may post messages here. If you have cookies enabled, your username and password will automatically appear in the boxes. Register
Password:
Action:

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home