Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Gamble Lake Road lazyweb request < Previous Next >

Link to this message

cmkl

Post Number: 12

Posted on Monday, April 30, 2018 - 8:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

How far down the road to Gamble lake can you get nowadays. I've seen six and eight year old intel that isn't very optimistic. Has anyone been down there in a car in the last... oh... two years?
 Link to this message

cmkl

Post Number: 13

Posted on Monday, April 30, 2018 - 8:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

K. Never mind. Found this.

http://www.ottertooth.com/discus/messages/3/157706 .html?1503019002

Gonna be a fun trip if it happens
 Link to this message

jonebgood

Post Number: 42

Posted on Tuesday, May 1, 2018 - 12:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

http://www.ottertooth.com/discus/messages/3/157560 .html?1469591921

We drove right down to the Chance Lake parking spot in a minivan in July 2016.
 Link to this message

wiplar

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 11:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

WE went down the road this weekend and couldn't get passed the creek that runs into Elisa Lake....
 Link to this message

doublebend

Post Number: 61
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - 10:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I ran a shuttle for a friend on the long weekend and dropped a Forester off at Chance Lake.
There's a couple of wet spots. Just past the portage between Weedend and Trethewey lakes there's a flooded stretch and then a longer, deeper one at the creek mentioned above.
There's a lot of water going over the road at that point and a small waterfall near the far end. The road bed underneath was solid and the Forester had no prob. My Tacoma snoozed through the whole thing.
Saw four F-150's hauling trailers coming out from Gamble Lake.
Getting in and out will depend on rainfall. A heavy rain could make it impassible for a few days or even wash it out.
Starting at Weedend is an option that adds two portages, three if you count the walk into the lake from the road.
 Link to this message

wiplar

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 11:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

We made another trip to Gamble on Friday, the road has been repaired already! The beaver dam at the culvert has been dug out and some gravel (large rocks) have been put in place where there was a wash out! So very impressed with how quickly this has been fixed!!
 Link to this message

canotmaitre
Post Number: 19

Posted on Friday, June 1, 2018 - 12:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I came out from Chance lake yesterday, the creek at Gamble has been well repaired, the roadbed solidified with rocks and dam in good shape but full. Any heavy rain could run over but the roadbed should remain solid underneath, keep to the left going in.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Only registered users may post messages here. If you have cookies enabled, your username and password will automatically appear in the boxes. Register
Password:
Action:

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home