Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Turner Lake Loop Information < Previous Next >

Link to this message

edalgorf

Post Number: 11
Posted on Friday, March 29, 2019 - 3:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I'm planing on doing the Turner Lake Loop (#9 in Haps Book) in August 2019 and have a few questions:

1. Our current plan is:
- Night 1 Aston,
- Night 2: Turner Lake,
- Night 3 Little Eagle Lake,
- Night 4 Anima Nipissing

Is anyone aware of any A+ campsites that should not be missed?

2. Our group likes to do side hikes. Wondering if anyone has any comments on the following trails (length/time to hike, best place to get trailhead, worth doing etc):
- Ferguson Mountain
- Napoleon Mountain
- Eagle lake Ridge

Any other info on the route would be great.

Cheers
 Link to this message

simonb

Post Number: 65

Posted on Friday, March 29, 2019 - 4:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Island sites on Turner and Eagle are great. I wasn't overly enthused with Anima Nip, sites were dirty and lake was very busy with cottagers.
 Link to this message

campheiden

Post Number: 50

Posted on Wednesday, April 3, 2019 - 10:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

2013 We started at red Squirrel, first night, first portage is straight up on Mt Napolean, then down into North Arm Portage into Ashton , nice campsite on easy side peninsula about 1/2 way down 2 nights, I think the Island has a fly in on it , portage to Lynx, than to Cole, than into Turner great on north end of island, spent 2 nights there great fishing.. portage over couple ponds to Eagle Island campsite on south end, eagle ridge is on east side , good hike up and nice view... caught nice pike around islands, if the water is low the portage to little eagle can be a challenge, nice campsite before portage over to ponds to white water small campsites on islands, we went on to Anima Nipissing , big campsite lotta old row boats around, spent one night there, went down to bottom of lake, you can portage back to squirrel through some ponds but it was just a mile or so walk back to red squirrel , so we walked got trailer and loaded up and headed out, total of 7 nights..... enjoy..
 Link to this message

edalgorf

Post Number: 12
Posted on Thursday, April 4, 2019 - 9:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks campheiden, this is great information.

With respect to Eagle Ridge, is there a trail head (or trail for that matter) or is it just a scramble up? How long did it take to get to the top?

Thanks again

Link to this message

campheiden
Post Number: 53

Posted on Friday, April 5, 2019 - 10:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

we just pulled up an climbed the rock pile up, bring a rope for the more burly of the crew for the final climb, I made it 2/3 up and my son and a 17 year old made it the rest of the way, I will try to post a pic

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Only registered users may post messages here. If you have cookies enabled, your username and password will automatically appear in the boxes. Register
Password:
Action:

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home