Post Number: 197
|Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - 12:15 pm: ||
utumn 9-day trip - Insights?
OK, I'm just going to throw it out here: anyone have any suggestions for a 9-day trip, starting Sept. 28?
I've been paddling Temagami for about 10 years, and want to introduce a friend, an experienced paddler, to Temagami. It seems the water levels are limiting our options.
- Gamble/Chance to Florence then up to Macpherson through to Makobe. (That said, I realize the water levels are low -- but are they low enough to stop me between Macpherson and Makobe? Been wanting to go to Makobe for some time, now. The plan was to go last year, but, alas, the fire.)
- Wawiagama then up through Shish Kong and then the Canton lakes, then back. (The Canton Lakes, I hear, are beautiful and remote feeling. Apparently, Wawiagama is lovely, too)
- Gamble/Chance to South LER then back via North LER
(I've done the South LER before, in the rain...hard work: ) )
- Mowat to the Sugar, Angler Lakes etc. (I hear this area is pretty picturesqe. I like this option except for the boat caches, which might detract from the sense of remoteness)
Would love to hear your suggestions, insights, etc.
Post Number: 198
|Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - 12:21 pm: ||
And, another option:
- Florence, then loop around the Pinetorch area then back through Lewbert; however, I'm assuming Skooztagan Lake will be impassible).
Post Number: 166
|Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - 4:52 pm: ||
Skooztawgan recently had plenty of water, no issues at all.