Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Anima-Nipissing Loop variation < Previous Next >

Link to this message

earle

Post Number: 15
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2020 - 10:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Well now that I've ranted about price increase for the sites in the park it's time to pick a different route on crown land.

We are looking into a couple of options for early July. We want to do a loop starting at Mowat Landing, down Montreal River, over to Anima-Nipissing. We have done this loop before by continuing down through Ferguson Bay, over to Diamond and back up around Lady Evelyn. It might be nice to change it up.
The 2 options below after Anima-Nipissing look interesting.
Option 1 Whitewater Lake, Little Eagle Lake, Eagle Lake, Turner Lake, Lynx Lake, Mianthe Lake, Sirdevan Lake, Walsh Lake into Lady Evelyn.
Option 2 Whitewater Lake, Little Eagle Lake, Eagle Lake, Turner Lake, Lynx Lake, Anston Lake, Whitefish Bay, over to Diamond and back out Lady Evelyn.
The questions are
Has anyone been in either of these areas in the last year and what condition are the portages in?
How nasty are these portages?
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 1941

Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2020 - 2:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Haven't been on any this past year, but the Tundra Portage between Sirdevan and Walsh has always been notorious. Not sure what condition the "boardwalk" is in.

http://ottertooth.com/Temagami/Maps/muskego-south. htm#map
 Link to this message

edalgorf
Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 4:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi,

I was through option#2 above from whitewater lake to Whitefish Bay albeit in the opposite direction last year (2019).

All portages were passable while some were in better shape than others. It was a great trip if you are looking for some isolation and a cahllenge.

Feel free to DM me and I can provide specifics on campsites/portages as well as some notes I have on the route.

Cheers

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Only registered users may post messages here. If you have cookies enabled, your username and password will automatically appear in the boxes. Register
Password:
Action:

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home