Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Seagram to Bluesucker Lake < Previous Next >

Link to this message

tripper22

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, August 1, 2020 - 1:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hey everyone, my brother and I are planning a fly in and out trip in September and thinking to fly into Seagram and out of Bluesucker, hanging out and exploring along the way. We are experienced paddlers. We don't plan to cover a long route this time, we would like time to explore and fish and relax. Are there cabins and boats along this route? Will flying here be worthwhile for fewer boats and atvs and people? Or should we fly in somewhere else or further? Is the fishing good along this route? We have 6 days. Looking to fly to save time and to get away from heavier used areas. Also wondering how tough a go it is up to Bluesucker and through Mudchannel. Any advice would be really appreciated.
 Link to this message

eddy_turn

Post Number: 180

Posted on Saturday, August 1, 2020 - 1:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

A fisherman boat is a possibility along this route, though I never met one. Never heard an ATV in the area either. There is a cottage on Bluesucker and on other nearby lakes (cottage people sometimes fish on adjustent lakes). In my travel I was able to paddle Mudchannel, even in low water, but the word is it could get muddy. Other than that I won't rate this part of the Yorston river tough. Some portages are on a wild side. A road is being built that will cross the river slightly north of Talking Falls, but it's not there yet, I think. Up-to-date information might be available from Friends of Temagami.
 Link to this message

tripper22

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, August 1, 2020 - 3:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks eddy_turn, this is helpful. I read somewhere that there are cached boats in the area and a road/atv trail to Yorston so thought it may get busier. Are there lakes/spots in this area you would recommend we don't miss? We've looked at the possibility of including Marcia Lake, Yorston, or maybe going further toward Solace Lake. Are you aware of any campsites on Bull Lake? Does the river have any whitewater in that area to watch out for? We don't have any whitewater/river paddling experience.
 Link to this message

eddy_turn

Post Number: 181

Posted on Saturday, August 1, 2020 - 6:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Cached boats are everywhere in Temagami. Judging buy artifacts left behind, Yorston lake is among most popular with fishermen. All rapids on Upper Yorston have well established portages around them, don't worry. I'm not a fisherman so can't really recommend anything, but Solace area is as good a destination as any and Florence lake is one of my favorites. You can day trip there from Bluesucker or move your camp and fly out of it.
 Link to this message

tripper22
Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, August 2, 2020 - 2:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

That's good to hear about the river and portages. Thanks again.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Only registered users may post messages here. If you have cookies enabled, your username and password will automatically appear in the boxes. Register
Password:
Action:

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home