Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Turner Road Construction < Previous Next >

Link to this message

klassen

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2021 - 9:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Does anyone have any up to date information on the construction of Turner Road through the Solace Wildlands?

The last update I can find is from FOT in Oct 2019 that they built a couple bridges over Ames Creek. Does anyone know how far into the wildlands they are now?

And do they work through the canoeing season? I recall its off-limits, but just double-checking.

Any information is appreciated.

N
 Link to this message

bushwhacker

Post Number: 12
Posted on Monday, July 5, 2021 - 10:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi Klassen. I don't know the answer to your question. All I can say is that I thankfully saw no road or road activity near Talking Falls as of May 2021 (my understanding is that the road was to cross the Yorston River just north of Talking Falls and I looked for it). Likewise, I thankfully saw no road activity anywhere on Pilgrim Creek or anywhere else in the Solace Wildlands (west of the Yorston River) as of May 2021. I wish I had better answers for you. I am sure you could reach out to the FOT. I am sure they would know.
 Link to this message

klassen

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, July 5, 2021 - 1:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

thanks bushwacker, this is very helpful. i may be in the area mid-august and will report back whether if and where i see a road.
 Link to this message

curly

Post Number: 496

Posted on Monday, July 5, 2021 - 1:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

The road ends for all intents at the access restriction. There is a gate on the bridge where it crosses Ames Creek. The corridor has been cleared some distance west of that, but the road hasn't been constructed. I saw no sign of surveying or construction or anything at Talking Falls or to the north of that when I was there last month.
 Link to this message

wiplar

Post Number: 40
Posted on Thursday, July 8, 2021 - 8:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Where do we access this road for the Twinkle Lake access?
 Link to this message

klassen

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, August 24, 2021 - 3:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Back from the trip and we didn't notice any road work or noise near Talking Falls.

I think a lot of folks are trying to stay there before the potential road development as the only other groups we crossed were planning on staying there and came from Twinkle Lake.

Didn't see any other groups on the Sturgeon from Gervais Landing to Pilgrim Triangle or from Bluesucker to Selkirk.
 Link to this message

brian
Post Number: 1988

Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2021 - 9:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Only registered users may post messages here. If you have cookies enabled, your username and password will automatically appear in the boxes. Register
Password:
Action:

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home