Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Chiniguchi Map < Previous Next >

Link to this message

wilsauceez

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, July 10, 2021 - 7:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

There are 2 differences between the Ottertooth map & Jeff's. I'm going with the OT map(s), but just looking for any clarification.

1) Jeff has 2 small ports (55m & 315m) that link McConnell Bay with Musko Bay. Do they exist?

2) the 2 ports (75m & 1700m) that link Majorie to Muck. Looks like the 1700 follows a ATV trail but idk. Looking to divert around the "bog" going into Laura. Spots like that are not dog friendly, especially when soloing.

Any help is appreciated.
 Link to this message

klassen

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, July 12, 2021 - 9:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I can't speak to your two specific questions, but I can say from personal experience that the Ottertooth maps are far more accurate then Jeff's Temagami maps. I basically only use Jeff's for planning distances (although even the distances are suspect).

They only released one version of Jeff's Temagami map and never made any revisions before Jeff's Maps came to an end. In comparison, the lauded Algonquin Map was on version 5.

If you can't find any info on your questions, I recommend going with the Ottertooth maps.

N
 Link to this message

red_pine

Post Number: 29
Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2021 - 5:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

We have searched for the trial to Musko Bay from McConnell Bay a few times...never found it.

We travelled from Marjorie to Muck last week. the short portage is there, but barely. You need to know how to find little used trails. Ditto the first part of the longer trail.
Once you hit the old gravel road, walking is easy.
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 1973

Posted on Thursday, July 15, 2021 - 2:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

The Marjorie to Muck trails definitely need more traffic to make them easier to follow -- at least the west end of the long trail and the short one.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Only registered users may post messages here. If you have cookies enabled, your username and password will automatically appear in the boxes. Register
Password:
Action:

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home