Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * The BOG < Previous Next >

Link to this message

wilsauceez

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2021 - 8:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Follow up to my last post. Anyone know if the bog still the "BOG"? lol ... I'd like to check out Laura (not sure why) just want to. But solo with my dog and that port, just don't mix.
 Link to this message

edalgorf

Post Number: 23
Posted on Sunday, August 1, 2021 - 6:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I was there last week and the BOG is still a BOG. Had to put the canoes down and drag across the BOG while searching for solid ground. Its about 100m-150m long of misery.
 Link to this message

wilsauceez

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, August 7, 2021 - 6:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thxs for the update. I was contemplating not going in that direction, you just sealed it for me. I'll be heading in Mon or Tues. How were the crowds? I'm hoping all the new Covid campers are sticking to the PP and avoiding Crown Land.
 Link to this message

street

Post Number: 30

Posted on Friday, September 10, 2021 - 12:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Where is "The Bog?" Which portage?

If you are doing Wolf-Chiniguchi, which crossover to the Sturgeon is preferred?

On a similar note, mid-August 2021, the portage from Mud Lake to Chee-skon had some relatively treacherous moose muck for about 50 meters and at least another 150m that you had to navigate around with care.
 Link to this message

eddy_turn

Post Number: 196

Posted on Friday, September 10, 2021 - 1:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

The Bog is usually haunting the portage between McConnell bay and Laura lake. There are at least 5 crossovers between Chin and the Sturgeon. Your choice depends on your objectives (and subjectives). The easiest way to the Sturgeon is through Stouffer lake - portages are mostly easy, straightforward and short. If you want to get the most out of the Sturgeon travel then the Backdoor route is your ticket.
 Link to this message

street
Post Number: 31

Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2021 - 8:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks much, Eddy!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Only registered users may post messages here. If you have cookies enabled, your username and password will automatically appear in the boxes. Register
Password:
Action:

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home