Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through April 12, 2005 * Beauty Lake Road < Previous Next >

Link to this message

john_v

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 4:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi all! Now that I'm up and running, I have a question that I hope hasn't been asked too many times before.

Does the Beauty Lake Road get plowed in the winter. I suspect it might for logging trucks?? I am mostly interested in the section of road from the highway to Gamble Lake and perhaps even down to the gate at the North branch of the LE River. Thinkin' of doing a March snowshoe trip and don't want to get stuck down in there. Anyone know about this?
 Link to this message

hector

Post Number: 8

Posted on Thursday, February 3, 2005 - 3:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

vick
why the hell would you want to snow shoe when you can dog sled???
 Link to this message

john_v

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, February 3, 2005 - 4:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Well, I guess no one knows the answer to my question. So the safe assumption is no plowing of any kind takes place anywhere along there. Not surprised. Thanks anyways.
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 335

Posted on Thursday, February 3, 2005 - 7:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

John, it is only plowed by logging or mining companies, if they need to go in. Call Temiskaming Forest Alliance, which operates in the area. Their number can be found with a Google search. They'll know if it is plowed for logging since they own the cutting license for the area.
 Link to this message

blackfly

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, February 3, 2005 - 8:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Beauty Lake road is not plowed as it is a snowmobile route and there is no active cutting going on right now. Lots of snowmobile traffic, tourists and fishermen. Beauty Lake road is just 15Km. east from the homestead.
 Link to this message

john_v

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, February 4, 2005 - 10:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks guys. Good info.
 Link to this message

hector

Post Number: 12

Posted on Saturday, March 5, 2005 - 11:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hey John
When are you doing this?
I have some time and would like to go back up there. I might be able to take a team up to help out travel around and care some supplies give me a call or email me.
Chocy
 Link to this message

john_v

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hector,

Was gonna do it this month but I've been laid up with the flu. Also, the thought of heavy snow machine use along that road has got me thinking of other areas. Thanks for the offer though.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home