Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through August 10, 2009 * Return to Temagami < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 11, 2009hillbilly25 07-11-09  9:14 am
  ClosedNew messages will be added after most recent message, not on archived pages        

Link to this message

uhcmcfm

Post Number: 10
Posted on Saturday, July 11, 2009 - 7:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I had not heard - wish you a speedy recovery and we will hope for dry weather and be extra cautious.
 Link to this message

uhcmcfm

Post Number: 11
Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 9:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Solved our issue with packs; able to borrow some here and the White Squall Ostroms are in good shape and fairly new.

Are there particular portages or legs of the trip that are particularly nasty that I could potentially avoid?
 Link to this message

hillbilly

Post Number: 393

Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 10:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

From all the info I have read and was told all the portages are good. The first one from McCarthy Bay, Matagamasi Lake to Flume Lake was under 6" of water due to the heavy rains when we were there.

Bill
 Link to this message

wild_child

Post Number: 18

Posted on Monday, July 27, 2009 - 8:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

We were on the trip with Bill (I've posted a link to a trip report in another thread where there are pictures of his injury)... but I'm getting off the point of my post here.

George at Sportsman's was wonderful and the shuttle definitely saved us some time. It was also nice to know that the cars would be safe. I've heard things about cars being damaged at canoe access points and trailheads so it was great to have the peace of mind.

George's website is... http://www.sportsmanslodge.net
 Link to this message

uhcmcfm

Post Number: 15
Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 10:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

we are renting, parking and shuttling with George.
 Link to this message

uhcmcfm

Post Number: 16
Posted on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 9:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks to all for your advice and encouragement. I have addended the myccr.com Chiniguchi-Laura creek loop trip report from Aug 2008 with some more detailed comments FYI. We did Matagamasi-Wolf-McConnell Bay-Evelyn-Donald-Kukagami last week and had a fabulous time.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home