Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through November 2, 2009 * Suggested 5 day trip < Previous Next >

Link to this message

mattedfred

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 8:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

looking for advice on a 5 day trip late july for my wife and i. we have done temagami, diamond, wakimika, obabika, temagami before. was thinking of putting in at mowat landing and doing lady e, willow island, sucker gut, lady e back to mowat. we paddle 4 kmh on average and like to camp at a different site each night.
 Link to this message

otter_mel

Post Number: 113

Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 8:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Why don't you then go to Maple Mountain and climb it since you're going to be in Suckergut anyway, it's not that much further?
 Link to this message

mattedfred

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 9:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

great idea. mowat landing to tupper and back looks like 76 km to me. could be done in 5 days. any advice on campsites for this route?
 Link to this message

otter_mel

Post Number: 114

Posted on Wednesday, July 1, 2009 - 12:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hobart Lake has a nice one but the one on Tupper Lake can serve as well and it's across from the trailhead to the top. Go for a refreshing swimm and a cool drink from the little lake halfway up.
 Link to this message

preacher

Post Number: 48
Posted on Thursday, July 2, 2009 - 2:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Did Mowat to Sucker Gut last year, be prepared for big water.

First site on LE narrows after the dunes is ok. No facilities. Room for 1 tent only. Go around the corner for a nice beach landing.

Preacher's Point(?) just before LE narrows to Sucker Gut is a nice site. Had hypothermia there.

Island on Sucker Gut near Frank's Falls is ok, not great facilities and no shelter. Plenty of room to play frisbee.
 Link to this message

mattedfred

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, July 2, 2009 - 5:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

thanks for the advice folks. we paddled temagami both ways a few years ago and lucked out with wind. going in it was mostly calm and hot as hell.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home