Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through May 30, 2010 * Temagami Loop Trip Report < Previous Next >

Link to this message

bigwolf

Post Number: 39

Posted on Wednesday, March 3, 2010 - 11:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Trip report from 2005. Finally.

http://www.myccr.com/SectionForums/viewtopic.php?f =108&t=35266
 Link to this message

mycocanoer

Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, April 6, 2010 - 2:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Good report. It was 23 years ago that I travelled the south part of the Temagami River. And Ragged Chute, well I can say it was pure hell. I was seventeen and thought I was superman. I was lucky to survive it. I look back now and think to myself what kind of an idiot would run this in a canoe. After we pulled the canoe from the rock dead center at the bottom of the chute, it looked nothing like a canoe. I was lucky enough to grab a rock on the shore and hold on for dear life. My canoe partner was actually thrown onto shore from the turmoil and pulled me to safety or I was heading down the next waterfall. So, the moral of the story is "to all you 'supermen' out there, heed warning that Ragged Chute should not be run by canoe, ever" I hope my experience helps makes that decision easier.
 Link to this message

preacher

Post Number: 108
Posted on Tuesday, April 6, 2010 - 2:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

"
I look back now and think to myself what kind of an idiot would run this in a canoe.
"

Just you're average 17 year old!

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home