Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through May 30, 2010 * Route Check: Chiniguichi temagami loop < Previous Next >

Link to this message

northernboy27

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, April 6, 2010 - 1:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi I'm figuring out a route between Chiniguichi and temagami. I was planning on leaving from kukagami lake, through kelly's crossing, up through wawiashkashi and gull lake to Temagami. From there to Obabika down the river to the sturgeon, up to the Rawson-Halleck crossover and back to the start.

Any tips and how long do you think this would take is 8-9 nights reasonable?
 Link to this message

ed

Post Number: 795

Posted on Wednesday, April 7, 2010 - 9:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

NorthernBoy27:
I think the times would be OK. I had you going through Obabika Inlet from Lake Temagami and then South on Obabika Lake and through Wawiagama Lake to the Obabika River. The longer route would be north on Obabika Lake to Obabika River and then down the river to the Sturgeon River, ~ 2 days maybe.
This year the water levels are very low right now.Not sure if that will change by the summer. We could get lots of rain in May and June.
But with levels today, I would expect to have problems on Wawiagama River, but maybe not so many problems going up the Sturgeon past Upper Goose Falls to Rawson Crossover.
Then you have to get from Matagamasi back to Kukagami.Shuttle? Or old portage?
 Link to this message

northernboy27

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, April 7, 2010 - 5:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks, I was thinking of finish by canoe, down through donald lake to Kugagami. Not suprised about the water levels with the winter we had, might add some time and go through the Obabika river since water levels should be less of a concern.
 Link to this message

bigwolf

Post Number: 41

Posted on Friday, April 9, 2010 - 8:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Should be a great trip Northernboy. See my report,http://www.myccr.com/SectionForums/viewtopic.php?f =108&t=35266 with the pieces on the Sturgeon, Wawiashkashi, Turtleshell, Gull and Skunk as part of it. Might give you some thoughts re: campsites and routes. Enjoy and post a report.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home