Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through May 30, 2010 * First time to Temagami < Previous Next >

Link to this message

bomber24

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 3:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I planning a trip to Temagami in early August this year. Me and 5 buddies. We're fairly experienced and are looking for a 3 day route that's fairly isolated. We don't mind doing some long portages to accomplish this. Any recommendations would be great. Thanks.
 Link to this message

dergon_darkhelm

Post Number: 32
Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 3:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Can you fly in? If the answer is "yes" then you can do it easily... If "no" , then a bit of planning will be required to get out of the way in AUgust with only 3 days to get in and out.

(Message edited by dergon darkhelm on April 18, 2010)
 Link to this message

bomber24

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 4:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks for the quick reply, we'd put in on a Thursday am and come out on Monday am, so perhaps that's closer to 4 days and 4 nights.
fly in is a possibility.
 Link to this message

ed

Post Number: 805

Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 6:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Take a look at this area: http://www.ottertooth.com/Temagami/Maps/muskego-so uth.htm
 Link to this message

curly

Post Number: 221

Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 7:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hiding in plain view: Start in town of Temagami, Snake, Cassels, Rabbit, Reuben, Breeze Lakes or Lebel Lake to Twin Lakes, Lowell, Iceland Creek, Iceland Lake, Tetapaga River, Lake Temagami and back to town. Easiest access possible. Very unlikely that you would see anyone else away from Cassels, Rabbit, Lowell and Temagami lakes.

Do some searches thru the forum for Breeze Lake route, you'll find more info, including a report from someone who took this exact route.

http://www.ottertooth.com/Temagami/News/newsbriefs -065.htm#ma12
 Link to this message

pine_sap

Post Number: 48
Posted on Monday, April 19, 2010 - 8:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

How early in August are you planning. After the 7th, 8th or 9th I think most, if not all, canoe tripping camps are finished, greatly reducing the traffic.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home