Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through July 27, 2010 * Ishpatina via Montreal R. < Previous Next >

Link to this message

ian

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, June 7, 2010 - 1:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I am planning a trip up Ishpatina over the Canada day weekend. Our group is 6 guys looking for some solitude and maybe a little fishing. Does anyone have any insight as to the typical volume of traffic on the route from beauty lake road up the Montreal R., Smoothwater on to Scarecrow and back? I have also been looking for hydrographic charts for the area and am wondering if anyone knows if they exist?
 Link to this message

typhoonit

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, June 8, 2010 - 2:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ian, I'm planning a similar trip at that time, we'll likely pass you on your first day going the other way on the Montreal river.

I suppose this speaks to your traffic volume question. You are likely to see at least one group.
 Link to this message

typhoonit

Post Number: 19
Posted on Saturday, July 3, 2010 - 1:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ian,

Was that you I waved at on the beauty lake logging road on July 1st while I was leaving the area?

This might be a bit late, but I can now address traffic in the area...

On Saturday June 26th, we saw a couple of small motorized fishing boats on the Montreal river, but we didn't see another person until the beauty lake logging road on the way home on July 1st.
 Link to this message

ian

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, July 8, 2010 - 1:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

That was us!

We were on our own for the first three days, saw another couple on the evening of July 3rd but no motor boats!

Thanks for the log bridge on the south end of Smoothwater, saved us big time. Sounds like we had similar weather to you, we were head on into some pretty serious chop every time we were in Smoothwater (but the beach made up for it!)
 Link to this message

typhoonit

Post Number: 20
Posted on Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 4:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I figured it had to be you! That's pretty cool!

I hope you had a good trip.

I'm glad our effort helped save more than just ourselves from wading through that thigh deep mud (again).

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home