Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through April 12, 2005 * L. Temagami +Fergusan Trail < Previous Next >

Link to this message

four_eyez

Post Number: 26
Posted on Friday, April 1, 2005 - 10:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I opened up an earlier post of inquiry about paddling on/near lake Temagami, from the center of the lake (actually... from the town first) northwards to Fergusan Bay and Sandy Inlet. In my last post, I asked a question, which actually I will open up here:

In terms of the Ferguson Trail which runs from Sandy Inlet, southwards over "Mt. Fergusan" and paralell to the shoreline of L. Temagami, what is the condition? Here on ottertooth is stated "is not in good condition south of the lower cutoff to the Hush Hush Trail." To what extent is this? Is it still findable, and walkable?
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 375

Posted on Saturday, April 2, 2005 - 11:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

That southern portion is findable if you have lots of time and patience, but there will be places where it is completely overgrown.
 Link to this message

four_eyez

Post Number: 27

Posted on Saturday, April 2, 2005 - 12:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I guess then maybe I should go with a couple things in hand... such as the map on Ottertooth of where the trail is, topo map of the area, compass, and the such.
Thanks.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home