Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through August 17, 2010 * Dogs allowed? How busy will it be? < Previous Next >

Link to this message

moses

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 10:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi,

I have 2 questions for anyone who might be able to help.
First, is it ok to bring your dog into the park camping?
Also, I am only able to get the first week of Aug off work. Unfotunately that includes the long weekend. I also want to do an easier route to keep my wife into the idea. I was thinking of Temagami (sady bay), Diamond lake, Wakimika, etc as a route. I imagine this is a popular route so will it be hard to get camp sites? Any other suggested routes? We are planning on a week or so.

Thanks so much in advance for any suggestions/advice.
 Link to this message

pine_sap

Post Number: 54
Posted on Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 9:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Dog will love it! Bring it. I like Olier to Denedus to Wassacks to Cross... easy loop... Olier and Denedus are small beautiful lakes with good fishing... Still with the Holiday weekend, pretty much anywhere you go you will see people... At that time, canoe camps on the lake will be wrapping up their final canoe trips as well... lots of traffic coming back into Temagami.
 Link to this message

preacher

Post Number: 145
Posted on Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 11:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Dogs are awesome! Just one request pls, for the security of you, others, the dog, the wildlife. The dog should obey heel/stay/come commands 100% of the time.

Yeah busy, but if you start the day early you'll have more options for sites. I expect you'll have the same concerns on those dates regardless of where you put-in. Unless you fly-in and paddle out.
 Link to this message

moses

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, July 23, 2010 - 8:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thank you both for your help/advice on this. Really looking forward to spending some time heaven!

Cheers,
Moses

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home