Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through August 17, 2010 * Campsites on Sirdevan and/or Ottley < Previous Next >

Link to this message

kavik2

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 8:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi There, me again with one last (hopefully) question. I thought I would start a new thread since it is a different topic. Hope that's okay.

Years ago we could do the route from Sirdevan to Turner in one long day. But since we will be a mixed crowd of oldies and youth, and 4 canoes/5 tents I am wondering if there are any sites big enough for us in between Walsh & Turner? I see that there are 2 "smaller" sites located on Sirdevan and Ottley, are there any new ones? or can we squeeze or bush 5 tents onto either of those sites? if need be we can consolidate people into fewer tents, however, two of us are still using our Headwaters Egyption contton tents which are not really good for squeezing into tight spots (And don't worry, we do a rope pitch nowadays compared to the ol' 5-pole pitch scenario).

Thx again for all you advice. - Stephanie
 Link to this message

dergon_darkhelm

Post Number: 47
Posted on Friday, July 30, 2010 - 12:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Went through there last year.

The site on Ottley is a bit bigger than it was in 2003 b/c a tree fell and opened up more area.
We were able to get 4 tents in but it was pretty tight. These were each smaller 2 mans.

You could *maybe* do 5 tents if they were modern 2 mans with hoops not requiring staking out and if you decided to go without any fire and were willing to push a tent right up along the fire ring.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home